Technical Support Specialist – VenrayVenray 40 uur #7005
Do you have knowledge of computer systems, electronic systems and software applications? Can you train people, answer questions and solve problems? As an experienced Technical Support Specialist, do you solve problems with technology-based products and services? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
This organization provides customized, progressive and scalable solutions for leading global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon.
They provide 3PL- and 4PL-solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the market evolve. For more than 60 years, they have offered unique and innovative expertise in the field of services, highly integrated, warehouse management, incoming to production, reverse and repair, export packaging, aftermarket services, fulfillment services and transport.
Today, they have 14.000+ employees who work in more than 100 locations worldwide and enjoy their supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and excellent career opportunities.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you are responsible for the implementation of customer requirements as determined by the system engineer. You will also provide second-level diagnostic support for the system and network engineering teams. Additionally you will support the service desk regarding; Desktops, WAN, LAN and servers as well as documentation about location-specific networks, servers and terminal equipment.
You are able to identify problems, investigate solutions and diagnose them. You use the standard procedures for correct escalation or unresolved problems, and you link this back to the correct internal teams.
And further you:
- are the owner of reported production and customer problems;
- offers support for the implementation of new products, including research, process design, process and equipment settings;
- are the point of contact for escalations of customer project management and provide input to the customer;
- are part of the project management team in terms of processes, test scripts, setup;
- manage test and image environment;
- provide trainings and instructions for the Operations department;
- create or update your work instructions for new tasks or when existing tasks have been adjusted;
- make sure that all documentation has the correct format and is stored at the location;
- monitor your e-mails for warning messages from the service desk and resolve them or escalate them as requested;
- participate in, maintain and follow changes, incident and problem management and escalate, if necessary, to the Service Desk according to the predefined escalation procedure;
- stick to the security process by proactively identifying security issues and escalating them to the TSS team leader or the right manager, as well as the procurement of processes that ensure that all IT equipment is correctly followed by the hardware lifecycle;
- offer onsite support for new onboarding customers, launches and refresh the server or network.
As a Technical Support Specialist you have a strong attention to detail and the ability to create and document processes and procedures. You have the ability to work in a very demanding environment and to deal positively with stress and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Also you have:
- A bachelor’s in computer science or a combination of equivalent professional training and certifications, combined with a minimum of two years related work experience in a position(s) with increasing responsibility and supervisory duties may be accepted;
- practical experience with hardware and system configuration and problem solving;
- skill on computers and Microsoft Office products;
- knowledge of network, imaging solutions and server configuration;
- good verbal and written communication skills with internal IT colleagues, business leaders and external audit community;
- excellent organizational and problem-solving skills;
- the ability to perform multiple tasks;
- strong written and oral skills in English;
- a strong understanding and practical knowledge of desktop hardware, operating systems and software;
- and a good understanding of network systems and protocols, as well as server hardware and operating systems.
This organization offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. They strive to recruit and develop the right people, locally and globally. Stimulate personal growth and self-development in an informal atmosphere. They offer a competitive compensation package.
- Jolien de Haan
- +31 643 000 732