Software Engineering Manager – The HagueThe Hague 40 uur #8664
Are you ready to take on the digitalization journey? As Software Engineering Manager you will be responsible for transforming the organization into an IT-tech company. Do you have what it takes?
You are going to be part of a team with a variety of backgrounds and cultures. They embrace diversity as an instrument to produce an even richer experience for both colleagues and customers.
Our client wants to be an industry leader, known for its customer engagement, talented people, and contribution to society. The world around us may change, but what truly matters to people stays the same. We help people care for what matters most to them.
The company is currently transitioning towards a tech company with a strong focus on automation and creating the best digital products for our customers and this is the perfect moment to join and help shape that movement.
You are going to lead and hire engineers for a cross-functional team that is transitioning towards a modern technology stack with technologies and tools like Node.js, React, Typescript, AWS, Serverless, GraphQL.
Our client is set on building empowered-product teams, where customer problems are owned end-to-end. We embrace the mantra: “You plan it, you build it, you ship it, you run it.” You are successful when you build teams that demonstrate this and deliver business value with high scores on the Accelerate metrics and customer satisfaction.
- Hiring and retaining engineering talent
You hire people that are competent and are great to work with. You create a safe environment where toxic behavior is not tolerated. You coach and mentor the engineers and customer journey experts, help them grow into bigger roles and new opportunities.
- Remove impediments
You ensure the team members have everything they need. You help identify and solve impediments they run into. Your help solves business-wide impediments and find the right landing spot and sponsors in the organization for solutions your team produces.
- Evangelize the empowered-product team vision
You help spread the message about transforming into a tech company within the development communities, building great digital products, and building an empowered team that takes ownership.
- Guide the team towards modern engineering and processes
You guide the engineers to take the time to automate, fix the technical debt and move away from legacy systems and processes.
- Keep-up being technical
Engineering management is different from general management. To our client, it’s important that you keep on being technical. You can do this through self-study, visiting conferences, coding with the team, hosting technical sessions, or anything else you can think of.
You know how to work in an Agile environment where collaboration and continuous improvements are the foundations. Additionally, you possess:
- 6+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- 3+ years of experience as a mentor and/or engineering manager.
- Experience with coaching soft skills.
- Endless drive to help people grow and provide new opportunities to learn.
- A salary between € 6.654,- and € 9.505,- based on 40 hours per week, depending on your knowledge and experience;
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%;
- 216 hours of leave, based on a 40-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day;
- 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary;
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting.
- N: Steven Droppert
- E: Steven.Droppert@sterksen.com
- M: +31 6 438 418 52
- T: +31 88 044 2000