Software Engineer React NodeJS –
The platform developed by our client is based on the experience of its founders. They build solutions that businesses can take advantage of through the bank. They partner with Banks ‘who get it, they see the opportunity in open banking! If you like to build cutting edge software, develop your career as the company grows, this is the software engineering job for you!
January 2018, our client launched a platform to offer financial institutions a consent centric platform with business and corporate solutions that enables the banks to go ‘beyond an open experience’. They provide relevant offerings to their client base in terms of time, location and context. The layer supports the banks and customers in providing essential financial information, and is also able to make predictions. The company is a start-up with its HQ based in the UK, who wants to expand rapidly in the Netherlands.
Our client has a brand new office in Breda that is easily reached by public transport. Currently the company is a start-up which means that you are working within a small team of experienced professionals. Everybody is committed to build a world-class product, to be part of an environment where you can learn from the best and can be a mentor to others. Because of the innovative product and start-up mentality, the company provide its employees an opportunity to further develop your career as they grow.
As a software engineer you are passionate about product design, UX and usability. You enjoy participating in the full lifecycle of the software product – from idea, design, implementation, user interface to operational considerations. As a software engineer you write clean code and take pride in your work. You experience in making software work smoothly as your daily routine.
To make sure you are able to reach your goals, you can select the best technology stack for the problem at hand, based on objective considerations of the strengths and weaknesses of each tool. You are challenged and not afraid to dig deep and learn new things like new languages and frameworks, containers and cloud.
You have an inquisitive mind, often exploring inner workings of the tools a libraries you use to understand how they work.
To be able to succeed in this position you need to have the following skills, but if your doubting please feel free to contact me.
- Practical experience of front end web development with React and NodeJS;
- A knack for building responsive web and mobile applications consuming external APIs;
- Demonstrable understanding of best practices in software engineering, including TDD, Iterative Development and Continuous Integration;
- Familiarity with Linux environment;
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices and containers;
- A keen interest in new technologies.
And if possible you have:
- Experience with mobile app development using React Native or similar technology;
- Experience with at least one cloud provider AWS/Azure/Heroku and/or Docker;
- Experience with Github ecosystem.
When you fit the above description and your enthusiastic than it even gets better because they offer the following:
- A competitive salary;
- A high-spec laptop on arrival;
- Pension contribution;
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays;
- A cool office in the city centre of Breda and thus, never too far from the busting Breda bars.
Neal van de Kar
M: +31 6 28749121
T: +31 88 044 2000