Senior IT Engineer Systems and Networking – BredaBreda #6706
Perfetti van Melle is an innovative and dynamic company with a passion for sweets and chewing gum. Every day they collaborate to create new products and brands and improve existing ones.
Also the complex IT landscape is dynamic, innovative and each IT professional will be delighted about this!
So, wherever you are, whatever you do, we have an exciting opportunity for you waiting to be unwrapped.
Our customer, Perfetti van Melle, is a privately owned company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella, Frisk and Smint. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavors that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success.
The organization is integer, innovative, dynamic and the culture is open and approachable. She appreciates authenticity, knowledge and experience and acknowledge that this diversity leads to more creativity and better perceptions. Initiative is encouraged and employers get all opportunities to develop and use their talent.
Within the business unit Group IT, we are looking for a Senior IT Engineer. In this position you are primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of their office server and network. The IT environment is changing fast and is complex, so we are searching for someone with a strong personality, enthusiastic character and a solid IT knowledge. As an IT Engineer at Perfetti van Melle you will maintain and support the global datacenter, cloud environment but also support local branch offices worldwide. This position requires to work flexible/odd hours at times, based on needs.
The engineer will operate in a complex yet lean-and-mean IT organization. During the last couple of year(s) this IT organization has been changed and now the Group IT team is positioned as a global function under the leadership of the CIO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Ensure availability of complex ICT environments in the global Datacenters
– Ensure IT systems are up to date in terms of firmware and OS updates
– Be the problem owner to solve problems which have not been detailed in procedures
– Ensure actions are set out appropriately and completed, by following change management
– Responsible for the OS Administration/Maintenance, Patch Management, System security maintenance, Server Network. Configuration, Product Strategy and Development, Installation, Configuration, Support and Maintenance of all server hardware and software components which currently include Dev/Test and Production Windows Server but not limited to:
- Application Servers
- Infrastructure Servers
- Database Servers
- Web Servers
- Email Servers
- File/Print Servers
- Active Directory Servers
- Backup Servers
- VDI (Citrix/Azure Desktop
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in IT or equivalent is preferred;
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of direct hands-on IT experience
- Strong background in business analysis, IT planning, design and cohesive vision of key business challenges;
- Must be an expert in Microsoft domain administration and management (experience in domain migration is a plus) and strong knowledge virtualization technology Hyper-V or VMWare knowledge on a cluster and global setup;
- Proficient in managing server/storage hardware (preferably HP) maintenance, contracts and licenses;
- Must have experience in migrating on-premise systems to cloud and Cloud landscapes (Azure) as well as Powershell and Visualstudio;
- Experience in maintaining and administrating the following IT platforms such as SCCM/OMS/INTUNE, Exchange/O365, Azure;
- Knowledgeable in converged infrastructure setup;
- Must have basic knowledge and demonstrated skills in networking on an enterprise setup
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Being able to understand business requirements in the FMCG industry and developing functional/technical specifications that support these requirements;
- Fluent in English and Dutch is a plus.
- Excellent base salary
- Incentive plan
- Good pension scheme
- Complete set of employments conditions
For this position it is required to live in or nearby the Netherlands. We are also interested in English speaking candidates, even if you don’t speak Dutch.
- Esther Blok
- M: +31 6 43844677
- T: +31 88 044 2000