A senior engineer is an engineer with significant experience in relevant languages and frameworks. While a senior engineer is an individual contributor role, a senior engineer is expected to take significant steps to help other members of their team to grow and improve. A senior engineer is expected to not simply deliver code but also to take ownership of process and team improvements which expand the team’s capacity for delivering value to our customers. A senior engineer is expected to take leadership roles in their team but, outside of 1:1s, is not expected to take any management responsibilities.
For everyone who discovers. For everyone who grows. For everyone who performs and challenges themselves. For your smallest dreams and your biggest ambitions. Learning will take you further. From your first day at school to the next step in your career.
Our digital learning solutions helps everyone learn to their full potential. Every day over 2 million people, young and old, work and learn with the learning resources, technology, and services from our businesspartner. We believe that learning can always be improved. We also challenge ourselves to look further than today. We continue to innovate. Together with everyone who, just like us, has a heart for learning.
Our platform consists of a mix of .NET, Node and React + Redux services that run as Web Applications or containers in Kubernetes on Azure. We are moving towards an architecture based on microservices, continuous delivery, and true ownership of the final product. You will work with modern web technologies with experienced, multidisciplinary, agile teams.
As a senior software engineer you have sufficient experience and skills in relevant languages and frameworks to deliver features without requiring significant assistance from more experienced engineers. An engineer is expected to help others to deliver and grow. At times you will get the opportunity to take leadership roles within your team.
Learning starts with yourself
Learning and developing takes a central place at our businesspartner. This starts with you as senior software engineer and ends with our customers, both students, and teachers. There are bi-weekly Knowledge Sharing sessions and you will have plenty of room to continue to develop your skills on a holistic level.
- With your knowledge and enthusiasm you are able to inspire your team and you ensure solutions that fulfil the needs of our clients.
- You work within your team on the basis of the principle: “you build it, you run it”
- You have the drive to develop high-quality technological solutions
- You find it fun and important to share your knowledge.
- You are happy to work in a dynamic and agile environment.
- You’ll ideally have a degree, preferably in a technical subject.
- We are looking for a senior with around 7 years of experience as an engineer.
- You’ve worked in an agile environment.
- A competitive salary and end-of-year bonus;
- Ownership of the things you build, support to grow and a clear and structured career path;
- Attractive and flexible employment conditions including a Personal Budget.
- Your working hours? You determine together with your team how, where and when you work. Of course, we support this with technical tools, such as Slack and Zoom.
T: +31 88 044 2000