SAP Basis Consultant – Breda
Perfetti van Melle is an innovative and dynamic company with a passion for sweets and chewing gum. Every day they collaborate to create new products and brands and improve existing ones. Also the complex IT landscape is dynamic, innovative and each IT professional will be delighted about this! So, wherever you are, whatever you do, we have an exciting opportunity for you waiting to be unwrapped.
Perfetti Van Melle is a privately owned company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella, Frisk, and Smint. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavors that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success.
The organization is integer, innovative, dynamic and the culture is open and approachable. She appreciates authenticity, knowledge and experience and acknowledge that this diversity leads to more creativity and better perceptions. Initiative is encouraged and employers get all opportunities to develop and use their talent.
You are responsible for managing the SAP business software for the PVM companies. Because SAP software needs to be customized to meet the needs of any given business, the SAP Basis consultants and Team Lead are responsible for installing and configuring SAP software so that it can store all the information that the company needs on its servers.
You will monitor the system performance to ensure the software is running smoothly. They deal with potential problems and glitches without delay, implement security measures and regularly perform system upgrades and they are responsible to ensure the services related to the dynamic and complex ICT environment are delivered according to the agreed service levels.
You are also responsible for maintaining the databases (HANA, ASE, MAXDB and Oracle) and operating systems (Linux SUSE, Windows). Next to this you will be maintaining the interfaces between SAP and non-SAP applications.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent level in IT
- At least 8 years of experience in administering SAP Applications – ABAP/JAVA Stack administration (SAP Business Suite, SAP Basis, BI, Solution Manager, PI, Fiori, Business Objects, SAP Replication server, Netweaver, S4HANA, GRC)
- Ability to work closely with external hires, making sure internal development guidelines are followed and quality standards are met while building a strong team
- SAP Basis and /or SAP Security – Strong Knowledge and Hands on experience of Technical Planning , Installations, Upgrades, Maintenance etc.,
- Skilled in Operating System (Unix/Windows/Linux), Database (HANA/ASE/Oracle/MaxDB) administration, hardware technologies and benchmarking of the same for SAP Applications
- Experience in performance tuning, troubleshooting, technical reviews and audits
- Continually develop SAP solution core skills and business knowledge based on accumulated experiences
- Able to provide knowledge transfer from certain technology areas for which will be responsible for research and excellence
- Experience with working in project teams
- Willingness to work in the weekends once a month and open for standby-shifts
- Good pension scheme
- Complete set of employments
For this position it is required to live in or nearby
the Netherlands. We are also interested in English speaking candidates, even if
you don’t speak Dutch.
- Steven Trienen
- 06 28 30 93 43