Network Engineer – BredaBreda 40 uur #6337
Perfetti van Melle is an innovative and dynamic company with a passion for sweets and chewing gum. Every day they collaborate to create new products and brands and improve existing ones.
Also the complex IT landscape is dynamic, innovative and each IT professional will be delighted about this!
So, wherever you are, whatever you do, we have an exciting opportunity for you waiting to be unwrapped.
Our customer, Perfetti van Melle, is a privately owned company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella, Frisk and Smint. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavors that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success.
The organization is integer, innovative, dynamic and the culture is open and approachable. She appreciates authenticity, knowledge and experience and acknowledge that this diversity leads to more creativity and better perceptions. Initiative is encouraged and employers get all opportunities to develop and use their talent.
Within the business unit Group IT, we are looking for a Senior IT Engineer. In this position you are primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of their office server and network. The IT environment is changing fast and is complex, so we are searching for someone with a strong personality, enthusiastic character and a solid IT knowledge. As an IT Engineer at Perfetti van Melle you will maintain and support the global datacenter, cloud environment but also support local branch offices worldwide. This position requires to work flexible/odd hours at times, based on needs.
The engineer will operate in a complex yet lean-and-mean IT organization. During the last couple of year(s) this IT organization has been changes and now the Group IT team is positioned as a global function under the leadership of the CIO.
A selection of the responsibilities within this role:
- Ensure availability of complex ICT environments in the regional Datacenter;
- Maintain ICT infrastructure;
- Optimize ICT infrastructure;
- Ensure IT objectives and guidelines and policies are followed and completed;
- Ensure IT systems are up to date;
- Ensure a correct and adequate communication with users and colleagues;
- Be the problem owner to solve problems which have not been detailed in procedures;
- Ensure actions are set out appropriately and completed, by following change management;
- Analyse and report the status of ongoing projects;
- Analyse and report the network performance and firewall security data.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in IT or equivalent;
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in profit organization with experience in maintaining and administrating the following IT areas such as WAN, LAN/WIFI/NAC, NextGen Firewalls;
- Proven knowledge and work experience related to networking;
- Result driven ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances;
- Strong collaborative nature: keen on building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives;
- Ability to work closely with external hires, making sure internal development guidelines are followed and quality standards are met while building a strong team;
- Being able to understand business requirements in the FMCG industry and developing functional/technical specifications that support these requirements;
- Good communication skills in written language and verbal and both in English and Dutch.
- Excellent base salary
- Incentive plan
- Good pension scheme
- Complete set of employments conditions
For this position it is required to live in or nearby the Netherlands. We are also interested in English speaking candidates, even if you don’t speak Dutch.
- Esther Blok
- M: +31 6 43844677
- T: +31 88 044 2000