Manager IT Operations – RotterdamOther Rotterdam 40 uur #6810
Our client is a globally operating trading organization working from the centre of Rotterdam. The organization is market leading when it comes to commodity trading. With a very strong supply chain network they are represented all across the globe, making sure they always live up to their clients’ expectations. As Manager IT Operations you are responsible for delivering all global infrastructure and associated services.
Our client is the global leader in the origination, handling, processing and marketing of commodities such as grain, oilseeds, sugar, cotton and biodiesel. Using a strong network of storage facilities, processing plants and transport assets, they succeed to manage and supply these commodities to their customers. Through industry insight, strong relationships and asset network, our client focusses on the sustainability, safety, quality and reliability of everything they do.
The Manager IT Operations is part of the global IT Management Team. The IT Operations department consists of approximately 35 FTE, divided in four sub-departments (Servicedesk, application-desk, infrastructure and Windows).
The IT Operation Department will collaborate closely with the Project Management Office to ensure successful execution of IT projects according to guidelines and practices. Needless to say, security plays an important role in this team. Therefore, you will establish a strong collaboration with the Information Security Officer to implement and manage IT security execution, including controls to meet government and other regulations and deliverables.
You will manage the overall global IT Function along the various axis of people, process, and technology. It is your job to develop and carry out a clear IT Operations vision, strongly embedded in architectural considerations, and initiate steps to implement this vision. You report directly to the Global Manager IT. You are, amongst others, responsible for;
- Establishing clear expectations and goals for the individual staff members;
- Continuous performance management including regular reviews. You identify and address roadblocks for performance;
- Recruitment and pro-active resource management including experience and knowledge mix of the team;
- Generally taking the appropriate steps to set each team member up for success and assist with growth and career opportunity guidance;
- Ensuring that department-wide processes are being followed.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate;
- Holds a Bachelor or a Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
- Has at least 10 years of experience in a Managerial IT Infrastructure role;
- Is a strong people manager and is able to to build excellent business relationships, also on an international level;
- Certification – Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, MCSE or equivalent preferred;
- Deep knowledge in leading operation centres and teams resolving critical issues;
- Is able to communicate at a high proficiency level in both English and Dutch.
Managing both the Infrastructure and daily Operations means never a dull moment. This will include occasional evening or weekend activities due to the International character of the organisation.
- Competitive salary (range between €5.500,- and €6.500,- gross a month);
- 13th month
- 27 holidays;
- Traveling expenses reimbursed;
- Collective health insurance.
An employment pre-screening will be part of the selection process. Among other a V.O.G. (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) will be requested.
- Steven Trienen
- +31 6 28309343