Lead Mendix Developer – VeldhovenHigh Tech Veldhoven 40 uur #8563
ASML’s business is booming and is expanding its IT capabilities on a global scale. Do you want to be part of this massive journey?
“ASML is the most important tech company you’ve never heard of”. As the innovation leader in the semiconductor industry, ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need – hardware, software, and services – to mass-produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
The global team consists of more than 28,000 people from 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
As ASML is growing rapidly, the Corporate IT Shared Services Team is maturing its team to establish Mendix application development as one of its core focus to maximize the business value that IT generates. Bringing value through, speed, quality and agility to our business with this platform is what they strive for. You will be working within a team of approximately 8 people. There are currently 23 applications live, 10 are being developed and these applications are used by over 9000 users.
As a Lead Mendix Developer, you will be joining the ASML Mendix Team, which is part of the Corporate IT Shared Services Team. As a lead developer, you are responsible for leading Mendix projects on the delivery side, as well as executing the Mendix platform and competence-related activities to help the Mendix Competence team grow in maturity. The main objective is to utilize Mendix development through best practices, guidelines, and agreed architecture to deliver apps faster to the business and guide Mendix developers to maximize the value of the platform capability. You will also be:
- Conducting intakes with the business to understand and estimate the demand, check the feasibility;
- Deciding upon and design Mendix application architecture to be followed during development;
- Understanding the app value and promoting it within the company;
- Invest in people and know-how to help them improve their skills, both on a technical and personal level;
- Inspiring your team to experiment and take(calculated) risks, because you know this is how people grow. When things fail, don’t look for someone to blame. Take responsibility and use your energy to fix the problem at hand and allow the team to learn from it. Of course, don’t fix the same bug twice.
To be successful in this position you have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (for example in Information Technology);
- At least 3 years of experience in a lead role in an international complex matrix organization;
- 3+ years of Mendix hands-on development experience in projects;
- A good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD, and possibly Java (you don’t have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a plus);
- Experience in complex stakeholder management with global senior leaders and ability to form long-lasting relationships with them and other colleagues;
- Strong experience with an Agile way of working.
- A 40-hour workweek;
- A salary based on your current skill set;
- 40 holidays;
- Max. 20% bonus potential;
- A relocation package if necessary;
- The possibility to be applicable for the 30% ruling and visa sponsorship if needed.
M: +31 6 1896 3809
T: +31 88 044 2000