Junior Security Engineer – AmstelveenAmstelveen #7683
In banking, the need for information security is increasing rapidly. The financial sector is a permanent target for attackers. This is why our client continues to search for better ways to make digital banking safer. A big responsibility, because a lot is at stake. Do you have what it takes to gain the knowledge and skills needed, to protect the data and improve security for this organization and her clients? Then we are looking for you!
Within the security team of this client in the banking sector, not a day goes by without hearing about a data breach or DDOS attack. These are just two examples of topics on which this team focusses their activities. Additionally, their role as a driving force for information security for the bank and our customers directly impacts the security and stability of our society.
You will work for the Corporate Information Security Office (CISO) department. The CISO department believes it is essential to connect the interests of our clients, society and the bank. CISO employs approximately 400 colleagues who are responsible for the bank’s information security worldwide.
There are approximately 150 colleagues working in the Operations & Intelligence (O&I) department within CISO. The O&I department is organised in 5 different sub departments which are split into agile teams of around 10 people each. You will work in the team that supports the CISO Information Security Services department (ISS) SOC. Their multidisciplinary way of working allow you to learn from everyone.
Our clients technology has a high level of integration with corporate infrastructure.
As a security engineer you will learn to:
- Get things done! You deliver security solutions that improve the safety of the organizations IT infrastructure;
- Work with an agile team in which a product owner defines the needs and priorities in three-week sprints;
- Be responsible end-to-end for converting business requirements into an implemented product together with your colleagues;
- Take initiative, learn quickly and are able to apply what you have learned;
- Contribute to keeping the network and information safe by maintaining the SIEM and the Vulnerability Management System;
- Support the SOC and Use Case Factory team as well as developing new solutions with regards to automation and security and overall keeping their business safe.
- An EU working permit is required for this position. You must also leave in The Netherlands;
- Experienced with Linux is a must;
- Good understanding and/or experience with Nessus, Azure, Python and automating manual tests is a pré;
- Good communications skills, ability to reach an agreement on requirements and solutions in communications with stakeholders at different levels of the organization;
- Able to read, write and speak in English;
- Experience working in a security environment, preferably in the financial sector is a pré;
- You have affinity with Cyber security and the motivation to grow and learn within this position.
- A competitive salary;
- The freedom to optimize your performance in a flexible working environment;
- Possibilities for flexible working hours and work from are negotiable. They offer good facilities for remote working;
- Tools to stay fit and update your knowledge, with space provided for you to practice and grow your skills;
- An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible terms of employment;
- A personal development budget of € 1.000 per year;
- A good pension scheme.
- Esther Blok
- M: +31 643 844677
- T: +31 88 044 2000
- E: Esther.email@example.com