IT Business Analyst – Woerden
To strengthen our Design and Analysis team within the R&D department, our client is looking for an IT Business Analyst who takes responsibility for the new innovation within the company: a brand-new software product for the insurance industry.
This organisation offers innovative software solutions in the insurance industry (Insurtech) for over 30 years. This is achieved through a powerful combination of knowledge about the insurance industry and experience in IT. The organisation consists of 110 FTE. About half is active within the R&D department. The R&D department is composed of three different products. Two of those are brand-new and they are looking for an IT Business Analyst who will take ownership and help professionalise them.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will join a talented and experienced R&D team. You will participate in the detailed development of the business content and business modelling of our insurance platform that enables insurance institutions with acquiring, quoting, claiming, and other functions for their systems and allow brokers or insurers to offer the best of breed insurance solutions to their customers.
The IT Business Analyst is a specialty Business Analyst role that combines mastering “traditional” business analysis role with a more technology-focused role. You do understand the business needs partially thanks to your experience and expertise built in the Insurance field, but also through careful analysis of product management and senior architectural input as well as current trends and customer specific requirements.
You must be able to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to operational improvement initiatives.
The BA has a central place within our product organisation; the successful candidate will need to be equally at ease discussing requirement elicitation with product management and enterprise architecture, feasibility and solutioning with the architects, transition and functionality realisation with developers and finally test-coverage and samples with the test team.
- Experience in Insurance as a Business Process Analyst – minimum 3 years.
- Strong affinity and experience in functional analysis and design in the domains of business process modelling and data modelling.
- Experience with transaction-based/end-to-end systems development primarily focused on the financial services industry.
- Excellent UML knowledge. In particular, you are familiar with use cases, activity diagrams, class diagrams, data dictionaries, communication or sequence diagrams. Working knowledge of BPMN is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of software development processes and QA methodologies.
- Experience with protocols and languages like SOAP, WSDL, and XML.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree with a strong affinity towards software development.
- An understanding of how ERP, BPM, CRM and BI tools operate.
- Good knowledge of software development processes and QA methodologies
- Passionate about supporting the development of IT systems and applications
- Adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and in Dutch together with experience making presentations to clients, managers, executives and/or technical staff
We offer a position with a big responsibility, a team that supports each other and an informal working environment. You will find the opportunity to develop yourself through educational opportunities.
Our benefit package consists of the following:
- A competitive salary;
- Holiday entitlement;
- Travel allowance;
- Profit related bonus.
- Olivier de Waal
- M: +31 6 2822 0665
- T: +31 88 044 2000
- E: email@example.com