Information & Analytics architect – Regio: Zuid-Holland
International and maritime organization is on the lookout for a seasoned Information & Analytics Architect. Are you the cloud thinker and innovator that the company is looking for?
As a leader in global transportation and storage of specialty chemicals we are a prestigious company that is strongly influenced by safety, security and situational awareness. As we keep looking for opportunities to distinguish ourselves in the market, we have a strong appetite for innovative solutions that further enable us to deliver and enhance our services in a safe and responsible way. Our IT landscape is governed by architecture and professional processes, using short communication lines and (because of our centralized setup) swift but effective decision making. It is a mix of classic and new technologies, covering IT & OT contexts and influenced by a Microsoft-centric technology strategy. Our client is actively pursuing a data-centric strategy, with several projects and initiatives running in and across our business divisions. To ensure these activities will become anchored and governed inside our business, we are looking to recruit an Information & Analytics architect:
As the Information & Analytics architect you will have a dual role; Firstly, you will be guiding our business teams in professionalizing our company data management processes and standards. There are MDM topics to consider, as well as mapping and standardizing parts of our information landscape; mostly in support of new business/IT developments for which high quality data structure and governance input is required. Additionally, you will be guiding/governing the selection and application of our Azure-based data platform services, which are used to construct data pipelines and models for our business divisions. We are currently in the process of further deploying this platform, professionalizing the architecture and establishing governance – in support of BI, IoT, machine learning, advanced analytics and AI. You will have a strong role in defining the correct and future-proof information and integration architecture for new systems & platforms. You actively support business application teams with their projects and initiatives – contributing to further mature and modernize our IT landscape and processes, in line with our shared strategy and vision. This position is available within the multi-disciplinary Architecture & Engineering team: operating in a highly international enterprise environment, with members and stakeholders across the globe. The team operates from our corporate headquarters, situated in the Maritime Quarter (‘Scheepvaartkwartier’) – one of the best locations in Rotterdam! You are an analytical thinker with a background in information analysis and business intelligence and get energized from planning and optimizing the data landscape within a company. You have experience with the platforms that unlock business value by managing and turning data into information, insights and actions. Topics like master data management, domain modeling and data transformation hold no secrets for you. Your senior information analyst, big data or information architecture background ensures you are comfortable in structuring/modeling and visualizing data and information topics, easily relating with business stakeholders about the relationship between their processes and related information and data entities. You are aware of the fine balance between keeping a pragmatic approach and achieving academic correctness. You are looking to further develop yourself in becoming our thought leader for Information, data and data platform architecture, and you enjoy frequent interaction with the big technology vendors and occasional travel. Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Division teams towards optimally designed & governed data and information landscapes;
- Mapping out relevant parts of the division data and information landscapes, in relation to processes and business applications;
- Assist in addressing and resolving master data concerns;
- Provide input for integration discussions around IT projects;
- Guidance, maintenance & development of standards, guidelines, patterns and frameworks;
- Data, information and data pipeline reference architecture;
- Alignment with information analysts and business analysts;
- Guard quality of data pipeline inputs, processing, model creation and information output;
- Guide our Azure-based data, intelligence & analytics service portfolio, and govern the standards around IT;
- Recognize and bring forward new ideas and technologies in intelligence & analytics;
- Maintain overview and drive optimization of the Microsoft-centric data and intelligence landscape.
- HBO or University degree;
- 6+ years of tangible information analysis and BI/Big Data experience;
- 2+ years of tangible architecture experience in an international environment (note: non-infrastructure);
- Knowledge of / experience with enterprise BI and/or big data platforms are a must-have;
- Having experience in or exposure to the Azure-based data platform services (in areas of BI, analytics, ML and/or IoT) will be beneficial.
Further you have the following traits:
- Strong analytical skills, but driving for a practical outcome;
- Willingness / eagerness to drive change;
- Strong communication skills – convincing based on knowledge, personality and seniority;
- Fluent (!) in English, both written and verbal;
- Comfortable with creating visualizations and diagrams.
- € 80.000 – €88.000 a year, based on fulltime;
- 13th month;
- 10% bonus component;
- 25 holidays;
- good pension.
- Michiel Snoek