Business Application Consultant – Regio: Zuid-Holland
Are you an expert in stakeholder management and does understanding business and processes in relation to IT comes natural to you? Making a functional application design is nothing new to you and you can handle a complex IT environment like no one else can. Does this describe you at your best? Well, read on and let me know!
Our client is a large multinational which stores, distributes and transports chemicals and bulk-liquids all over the world. You will be working for the overseas transportation division which focusses on large international shipments of chemicals and other bulk liquids. This part of the organization is end-to-end responsible to the life cycle management and operation of the largest cargo fleet in the world.
To support the business in their operation you work with a team of 15 Project Managers, Business Analysts and Technical Support Consultants to keep improving the (ERP) applications and to keep them up and running. As part of this team you will support and improve the current IT landscape consisting of more then 40 applications.
As Business Application Consultant you are the person in contact with all the end-users throughout the entire organization such as, the captains at sea, all of the crew on board the large ships, the finance department, people from procurement, etc.
The primary focus of your job is to understand the business and analyse user requirements which you translate into a functional application design that can be successfully executed as a development project. Therefor you communicate with development- and serviceteams to ensure technical design and application conform the specifications and standards. When this is done according to plan, you prepare and execute test plans for the new systems.
For this position you have/are:
- At least 10 years of experience as a consultant/business analyst who operates between the business and IT;
- Extensive experience within a logistical organization and with logistical processes;
- Experience with development techniques and methodology or certified in a relevant aspect of the system development process such as Agile Scrum;
- Solid understanding of database design and maintenance up to the level of Junior DBA (Database design, performance design, scripts for data manipulation);
- Broad experience of Business applications, e.g. ERP and/or Financials;
- Understands business system architecture and the relationship of applications one to another;
- Familiarity with several applications including Word processing, spreadsheets, database query, presentation tools, MS Project, Visio;
- Familiarity with Veson Nautical software (IMOS/Veslink/VIP) and BassNet is an advantage;
- Experience with and/or exposure to OutSystems development is an advantage.
What can you expect to get in return?
- An annual salary of max. €80.000,-. Your actual salary will be based on your current experience;
- Competitive amount of holidays;
- The possibility to develop your skills and to grow within a globally operating organization.
- Steven Droppert
- M: +31 6 438 418 52
- T: +31 88 044 2000
- E: Steven.Droppert@sterksen.com