Back-End developer – BredaBreda 40 uur #8598
Are you a hands-on Back-end developer, looking for a new challenge? Then I am looking for you!
Our client is a fast-growing, dynamic, global FinTech company focused on changing the way wealthy families and their advisors view their financial assets and make financial decisions. The company delivers a safe, efficient, and scalable technology platform to consolidate and globally share data from thousands of banks, custodians, and fund managers. They are trusted by over 250 firms that span the entire wealth management spectrum including leading global private banks, advisors, wealthy families, and wealth-tech firms.
As a Back-End Developer, you will work on the engine of their architecture including distributed databases, API development, functional computing, and parallel processing architectures. You will work with a global multi-disciplinary team. Their applications are young (1-5 years) and based on a common architecture leveraging the best of cloud computing and APIs. You will have an opportunity to work with global teams, clients and be exposed to a wide range of technologies and interactions.
What will your mission statement be?
” I aspire to be a trusted team member that users enjoy working with and who produces functional, bug-free code that meets or exceeds expectations.”
What is the technology stack?
- Microsoft Azure, Azure SQL, C#, React Framework, APIM, Functional Computing;
What applications will you work on?
- Global Investment data aggregation platform;
- Integration of RPA, OCR, and digital consent technologies;
- Portal technology which provides a configuration environment for rendering API sourced data as operational dashboards;
- Consent application that manages a digital workflow around DocuSign technology;
- Automated workflow applications;
- UX Configuration technologies to enable end-users to customize views and dashboards.
What would my day look like?
- 10% planning and strategizing your day with leads and managers;
- 10% reviewing requirements and solutioning requests;
- 40% developing new functionality;
- 20% code reviews, testing, certification, and release management;
- 10% managing support requests.
What is the nature of the team I will work with?
You will work on their Development team in their Technology group. It is a team of 8 growing to 12 with full-time team members in the US and Netherlands.
What would your specific responsibilities be?
- Review and understand documented user requirements;
- Participate in design reviews for the implementation strategy for new functionality;
- Review and accept new development tasks;
- Work through task backlog during each sprint;
- Test and certify your own code;
- Document as directed functionality;
- Participate in code reviews with teammates;
- Adhere to code and change management process;
- Service any end-user support requests.
What are the skills you must demonstrate to be successful?
- Database development in Microsoft SQL and other cloud storage technologies;
- Security best practices;
- API development;
- Ability to test, debug and certify your own code;
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Focus on scalable resilient designs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced problem-solving skills;
- Observant and able to remain focused on tasks for long periods of time;
- A team player that enjoys collaborating to produce the best results.
What experience will set me apart for this role?
- BA/BS degree in computer science;
- 5+ years experience in commercial software development;
- Specific experience in the Microsoft Azure stack including APIM, Functional computing, grid, and message queues;
- Experience or exposure to wealth management applications and investment data.
What opportunities for advancement do you have?
There are many opportunities to grow at the company, as you master the knowledge of our applications and solutions including growing into senior architectural roles, full-stack development, product management, and engineering.
Are you required to work in the office?
The company has adopted a flexible work policy that recognizes the major change in how teams collaborate. This role allows you to work remotely on a consistent basis.
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the EU for this role.