AWS Software Architect – UtrechtUtrecht 40 uur #8260
Taking the lead to improve the world with meaningful software solutions. Our client does this in two ways: by helping people around the globe find good jobs, and by increasing safety for everyone. You can help them reach this goal! Build smart, groundbreaking software that perfectly satisfies market demands. Are you, as a highly-skilled Software Architect, up for this challenge?
Our client is a leading provider of advanced solutions for Public & Private Employment Services and ID/Security government agencies. They create software using their unique search & match platform. Organizations can, therefore, seamlessly capture, generate, and analyze big data from multiple sources, gaining valuable insights paramount to effective decision-making. They have several offices worldwide and in the Netherlands, they are located in Utrecht.
You will drive technology choices, guard overall code quality, and find technical solutions that maintain the security, performance, reliability, and ease of use of our software. Together with the company’s product owners and other architects you’ll maintain standards for code quality, uniform APIs, build infrastructure, and development practices. You will evaluate new technologies, and drive knowledge sharing across the development teams as needed.
There is the opportunity to have lots of input into concepts and driving these concepts into real-world designs and delight the end-user. Moreso, you will be responsible for the following.
- Technical Leadership – Providing overall technical leadership and direction for a number of teams and individuals. Identifies technical opportunities outside the immediate area of product responsibility;
- Stakeholder Management – Guides and influences technical decisions while understanding the business impact and manage relevant stakeholder relationships up to C-level;
- Delivering architecture design and implementations in AWS;
- Adept to strategic planning with understanding how to identify business needs, problems, and risks;
- Leading and being deeply involved in the hands-on technical delivery of our products;
- Constantly investigating and evaluating industry trends;
- Driving solution architecture and best practices by;
- Producing white papers and best practices guides,
- Mentoring other employees,
- Producing public-facing content such as blog posts and presentations,
- Implementing PoC’s making use of innovative technology by evaluating trending technologies.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in IT (e.g. Software Engineering);
- 3+ years experience with Agile and DevOps SDLC methodologies and professional Level AWS Certified Solutions Architect or similar level;
- 3+ years experience with concepts such as microservices (including scalability best practices), containers, and container orchestration using Docker or Kubernetes;
- 3+ years experience with Git-based version control software such as GitLab, GitHub, Git CI/CD pipelines and managing GitOPS process for branching, merging, and releasing software;
- Preferably you have worked in a Software development organization before;
- Proficiency with virtualization technologies such as VMware, ESXi, vRealize Cloud Suite, or similar;
- Solid Experience with Amazon Web Services and the tools necessary to assess system performance, ensure scalability, monitor system and data security. Also experience developing, managing, and operating CI/CD pipelines that align to a hosted environments DEVOPS framework;
- Experience in creating build scripts, deployment scripts, and automating throughout the CI/CD pipeline also experience in building metrics, logging, analytics, and alerting for performance and security across all endpoints and services.
On a personal note you:
- Have excellent communication skills;
- A consultative nature;
- Act as a role model for other team members. Provide informal 1-2-1 technical mentoring and guidance to other team members.
You will be joining the company at a pivotal moment in their worldwide expansion plans: they are expanding their portfolio with new products and extending existing products for new customers. It will be your creative flair and focus that will drive the delivery of their dynamic projects. Everyone there is approachable and excited to pitch in and help. They are easy to get along with, always willing to lend a hand, excited about coming to work, and happy to contribute to the team. But of course, you would like to see the extras;
- You can count on a good salary, which can differ depending on your experience and expertise;
- 26 vacation days, with the possibility to buy 5 extra days per year;
- An interesting bonus system;
- Car allowance, that you can use for a lease car as well;
- And last but not least, the opportunity to possibly progress to a CTO position.